Couples Workshop for Couples in Austin 2017.
"Breaking free from your patterns of conflict & Healing Distressed Relationship."
Where does love go wrong? What truly makes a relationship thrive and provides the key to long-lasting love is emotional responsiveness? Dr. Sue Johnson describes in the book "Love sense", “When emotional starvation becomes the norm, and negative patterns of outraged criticism and obstinate defensiveness take over, our perspective changes. Our lover slowly begins to feel like an enemy; our most familiar friend turns into a stranger. Trust dies, and grief begins in earnest.”
Couple workshop is for couples who want to repair emotional band, intimacy, increase level of trust and repair security in relationship.
How can the Couples Workshop help you?
- Explore stuck patterns and negative cycles
- Explore love language
- Deepen your emotional and physical intimacy
- Develop positive connections
- Repair trust and security
- Learn how to heal and resolve conflicts
- Explore how cultures, values, and beliefs affect your relationship
- Develop visions for a healthy marriage
- Have the relationship that you have always wanted.
Our workshop base theories are Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT), Grattan Therapy, Virginia Satir Communication Theory and Dialectical Behavior High Conflicts Couple Therapy (DBT).
In this workshop, there will be role-plays and demonstrations on how couples emotionally dance together. Our workshop is a powerful resource, which will have lasting benefits on your relationship, as well as save you time, energy, and suffering. Our workshop offers communication skills and experiential learning in a safe environment.
This workshop is presented by Ji Young Kim, M.A, a Licensed Professional Counselor, qualified DBT and EMDR therapist, certified Virginia Satir Lecturer, and trained in Emotionally Focused Therapy for couples and families. Ji Young Kim has over 16 years of counseling experience in clinical settings and hospitals and has worked with individuals, couples, families and other forms of group therapy.
Christina Peck, M.A. is a Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Marriage and Family Counselor Associate, EMDR trained, Gottman Trained, DBT informed, currently working in different agencies settings and provide private practice with couples, families, group, and individual therapy. Cristina Peck is supervised by Michael Sliwa LPC-S and LMFT-S
Where: Residence Inn by Marriott Austin Northwest/The Domain Area
Address: 11301 Burnet Rd, Austin, TX 78758
- 8:30am - Preparation
- 9:00am – Workshop Part I Begins
- 12:30pm - 1:30pm - Lunch Break
- 1:30pm – Workshop Part II Begins
- 4:30pm – Workshop Ends
- There will be a 15 minute break approximately every one-and-a half (1.5) hours
Sign up early to secure your spot!
- $295 (Register by 12/23/16)
- $345 (Register after 12/23/16)
- Major credit cards/checks accepted.
- You can make a monly payment plan. Please call at (512) 229-6913
Cancellations: received in writing 14 days prior to event: full refund minus $75.00. Cancellation within 14 days of event: 50% refund.
Your tuition includes:
- Registration fees for two people
- 2 workbooks
- Snacks for morning and for afternoon (including coffee and tea)
Hotel expenses are not included in the tuition. If you wish to stay at Residence Inn by Marriott Austin Northwest/The Domain Area, you will need to book your hotel room on your own, by calling:
How to register for the workshop:
If you would like more information about our workshop, please call 512-229-6913 or email your questions to: [email protected]